You would have been hearing all the time about XML sitemap if you had spent any span of time in Search Engine Optimization. What is the XML sitemap, and what is the importance of this XML sitemap?
I want to narrate a simple story to make this term clear an evident.
You need to think about XML sitemap as the map of your house. And what does the map hold? The squares and corner of your house, that sitemap does know where is the washroom in your house, and what the length and width of that washroom.
Same in the row, it does hold every little thing about your house. And if one wants to get to know about that house, he/she just can have a glance of that house and know about that.
The exact meaning of that XML sitemap is the map of your house. And like the way, the map of the house knows every square of the house, XML Sitemap knows about your website.
This XML sitemap should be on your server, and when the Google Crawlers come to your website, they can get to know exactly about your business website. The XML sitemap is the quickest and easiest way for Google to find your webpages, and the index rate of the website increases if it has XML sitemap. I had read somewhere the question if Google has the website, then why it is necessary to submit the XML sitemap all details about your website's pages?
You should get to know these are web pages which Google ranks not websites.
The XML sitemap is very important because:
You do not have clean navigation- and it would be difficult for Google to find all the pages. Sitemap made it possible
· Website is not well structure
· Your website is new and does not have any backlink
Why does Google Index blog slowly?
There can be many reasons for Google not indexing or Indexing slowly to your blog.
· If you have lots of errors on your blog, Google will stop crawling or crawl slowly to your blog. To speed up the indexing your need to fix all those errors, like 301 errors can harm the indexing. Check 301 Rules Explained by Moz.
· Too many internal links also can make the process of indexing slow.
· Internal links are important, but there should be proper amount-over stuffing of the internal links can spoil the link profiles.
· Though Google crawl your links, it will never be enough.
· You need to check your website speed, either you had installed too many plugins or got too heavy sized images. Check if the images are heavy sized, take some actions.
· Your server is slow, that can be one of the major reasons for not indexing the website or indexing slowly.
XML Sitemap can help indexing Blog fast:
XML Sitemap can help you in indexing your blog on Google and other search engines fast.
The XML sitemap is very much important if you had not created it yet, create XML sitemap and submit to Google Search Console.
Create XML sitemap:
Create XML sitemap; you can use Google analytics Plugin to create it directly. Or if you do not want to install this heavy sized plugin, you can use online tools to create XML sitemap.
Submit XML sitemap to Google Webmaster tools:
You should submit that XML sitemap to Webmaster tools. If you had not yet created the account, can create, there are no charges for creating, it is absolutely free.
· Sign up for webmaster tools
· Submit the blog XML sitemap
Once you have submitted the XML sitemap to Google webmaster tools you have to verify that you are the owner of the website. As XML sitemap has all the links, all the web pages of your blog, it makes easier for Google to find and analyze the content of your blog